|Archaic Homo sapiens (Asiatic, African and European)|
|African Homo heidelbergensis (Also called Archaic Homo sapiens or nominated for a new species)|
Genetic evidence for archaic admixture in Africa
- Michael F. Hammera,b,1,
- August E. Woernera,
- Fernando L. Mendezb,
- Joseph C. Watkinsc, and
- Jeffrey D. Walld
- Edited by Ofer Bar-Yosef, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, and approved July 27, 2011 (received for review June 13, 2011)
Likelihood Ratios of Individual Loci.
Analysis of the 4qMB179 Region.
Materials and Methods
Samples and Regions Sequenced.
Coalescent-Based Model Testing.
Estimating recombination rates.
- Author contributions: M.F.H., A.E.W., F.L.M., J.C.W., and J.D.W. designed research; A.E.W. and J.D.W. performed research; A.E.W., F.L.M., J.C.W., and J.D.W. analyzed data; and M.F.H., A.E.W., F.L.M., J.C.W., and J.D.W. wrote the paper.
- The authors declare no conflict of interest.
- This article is a PNAS Direct Submission.
- This article contains supporting information online at www.pnas.org/lookup/suppl/doi:10.1073/pnas.1109300108/-/DCSupplemental.